Motivational Quotes - A Trend We All Need To Hop On
I have always been one to struggle when it comes with being positive and motivated. Sometimes it'll come in bursts for me, one day I won't be motivated and I'll be laying in bed having the hardest time getting out of bed just for food and one day I'll be getting my life together and planning the next few weeks.
But lately, I've been really pushing myself to continue to stay motivated and put together. It's hard being as busy as I am and not being able to move from your bed. However, having mantras to read daily and constantly having positive quotes is a whole ass mood. Let me tell you how I do it.
In one of my blog posts, I talked about how I have a positive quote at each start of my week. I'm a really big advocate on starting the week off in a good mood because how you start your week is a foreshadow for the rest of the week (at least in my opinion). The worst thing in the world is when you're having such a good day and one little thing can make it all go wrong. This is where I think it's most important to continue staying motivated and in a positive mood. Sometimes my quote in my planner isn't enough, so I'll read my daily mantra's out loud.
To me, it's really important to always have something positive around you. In my post last week, I shared how my Grammy and I swap our favorite quotes with one another in the mail. It all started when she saw a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt that says, "Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in our heart." Since then, she's sent me three other quotes that she has stumbled upon and passed them my way. I continue to send her some of my favorite quotes and when I last saw her, they were all up on her fridge. I keep those quotes in my wallet and whenever I need the extra reminder, I remember my grammy and how these quotes made her think of me. That is what really does the trick for me.
I find it so important to keep positive quotes everywhere, no matter what you pull out - there is something positive/motivational coming out with it.
Some of my favorite quotes that I have stumbled upon in the past are:
1. For the highs and lows and moments between, mountains and valleys, and rivers and streams, for where you are now and where you will go, for "I've always known" and "I told you so," for "nothing is happening." And "all has gone wrong," it's here in this journey you will learn to be strong, you will get where you're going, landing where you belong. - Morgan Harper Nichols
2. You don't have to move mountains. Simply fall in love with life. Be a tornado of happiness, gratitude and acceptance. You will change the world just by being a warm, kind hearted human being. -Anita Krizzan
3. May you always pursue the narrow path, a life that calls for something more. And not perfection, but fullness... Something deeper, beyond the shore. - Morgan Harper Nichols
4. She will not worry. She will be just fine. She will brave this new season one day at a time. -Morgan Harper Nichols
5. this world may carry on busy and rushed as ever and you may gather questions that have no easy answers, but may you never lose your wonder and the fire that burns deep: to walk through crowded streets and observe the most beautiful and seemingly insignificant things. - Morgan Harper Nichols
6. When you start to feel like things should have been better this year, remember the mountains and valleys that got you here. They are not accidents and those moments weren't in vain. You are not the same, you have grown and you are growing, you are breathing, you are living, you are wrapped in endless, boundless, grace. And things will get better, there is more to you than yesterday. - Morgan Harper Nichols
7. Don't compare your life to others. There's no comparison between the sun and the moon, they shine when it's their time. -unknown
8. Slowly but surely she's letting go, slowly but surely she'll grow strong enough to leave you behind. - r.h. Sin
9. She was one of the rare ones, so effortlessly herself, and the world loved her for it. - Atticus
10. Alone, by herself she built the kingdom that she wanted. - r.h. Sin
I learned a little bit about myself as I wrote those quotes I realized that I am a big fan of Morgan Harper Nichols and I'm also a big fan of r.h sin. Not every quote is positive but it's inspiring to continue to grow and move on.
What are some of your favorite motivational/positive/inspiring quotes? Let me know, I'm always looking for positive quotes to add into my planner.